Monday 1 April 2013

I'm just saying!



I trust that everyone had a blessed weekend and holiday, although here today is still a part of the holiday weekend.

This past week has been filled with the excitement that comes from anticipation. I’m on pins and needles, but yet feeling comfortable! Now you have to figure that out on your own because that’s the best way I can put it. Details later!

Last week I spoke of the rumbling in the atmosphere and I was referring to my world, but now I want to share some of my reflections on worldly goings on because I think you may understand. That’s if you have a caring heart and if you don’t I hope what I write moves you to care. 

I don’t intend to rant, but I can’t be the only person in the world that’s notices how much darkness people are inviting into the world. Truly what you put in you get out. You can’t plant an apple seed and get a peach. Same thing for the seeds we plant in our minds. 

I watch television via satellite here with the majority of the stations coming from the Middle East and Egypt. Out of the almost 700 or so odd channels about 15 or so are in English. So much of the programming is the same as in the states, although some series may be a year or two behind, but some are tit for tat. I’ve actually watched movies and series here that I didn’t know existed. A couple of my favorite series that are new are, “2 Broke Girls” and “Boss”. Oh yeah, those same fast food companies are advertised as well like Dominos, Pizza Hut, KFC, Hardy's, Mc'D, Burger King and many others but with dietary changes to meet the needs of the people.

What get’s me is out of all those channels, even the ones in Arabic are showing movies and series with graphic, really graphic violence. I can turn on just about any station and see blood splattered from gaping wounds, hear women called b----es, whores and yet the word pork, pig or words pertaining to swine is bleeped out, yes totally censored. Now it’s the same for programming in the states in fact all over, because these programs are mainly, 98% from the states.

When I turn to MTV most all of the women in the videos are so scantly clad they might as well be naked. Talented women that have been in the business for years are joining in this skin fest. Even if I like the music it turns me off because I'm not into naked women. So this makes me wonder if consumer reports say that everyone buying and downloading music are males, because a naked woman does not make me want to download their music.

Not to mention the warmongers. Geez! Huh, that!? It seems that some people just don’t know anything else but confusion.

With all this going on some still have the audacity to be shocked and appalled by what they see and complain while pointing fingers. 


I want each of us to stop, stop for a few minutes and look at the state of where you are at and then world events. Let it penetrate that deep space within you. Now once you’re passed the sad feeling begin to ask GOD what you can do to make it better because prayer changes things and it starts with you.

It doesn’t take a lot of money or all your time. It could be as simple as writing a letter or petition to Hollywood asking them to tone down the violence and sex: same with the music. You can choose to recycle a can, a bottle, some paper; just one time will make a big difference to the environment. Extend yourself to someone you don’t know. There are many things you can do to make a change. I’m not saying do it all, choose your battles, but please choose! It’s up to each of us individually and collectively to fix what’s broken in ourselves, families, communities, nations and the world. If we don’t work to fix it, one day it will affect or infect you!


No comments:

Post a Comment