Monday 25 February 2013

The Answer!



Blessings to all! It’s been 2 weeks since my last post and I have a lot to share. I hope all is well with you and yours and that you took to the time to catch up on some my posts that you might not have read previously or even review previous post for clarity.


I initially took a week off of posting due to my birthday and since then I’ve been on the go with various projects and programs. So I wasn’t neglecting you and have not grown tired of sharing with you.


I’ve been teaching and doing some public speaking simultaneously! Phew! Now those are two things that I said that I never wanted to do in life, but here I am in the thick of it! As a child I recognized that teaching is a hard job! To take on the responsibility of instilling information correctly in a person’s mind is a huge to do! I didn’t think I would have the patience for it. And speaking in public, forget about it! In the past I’ve referred myself to Moses; you know the story. He was slow of speech or so he thought and if I recall had a slight stammering problem. He was so uncomfortable that he argued and pleaded with GOD to choose someone else to go before Pharaoh. That’s how his brother Aaron got into the picture.


I’m not slow of speech, but I’ve been known to stammer and be at a loss for the word or words I’m looking for while I’m speaking. Funny how GOD calls you to things that you don’t think you’re qualified for. I’m thankful that HE qualifies me!    


I was the featured resource person/teacher/speaker at a workshop on customer service for 3 companies here in Gambia. Poor customer service is a problem most places these days and training in this area is a necessity. Woo woo, I’m so grateful to sister friend here that referred me for this gig!  


Next I was the featured speaker of the, United States Embassy of Banjul “Speakers Series” for Black History month; the topic, “African Heritage and Racial Harmony”. What a joy to teach and motivate my Gambian brothers and sisters about the importance of their African Heritage as well as some African American History, I also got a chance to teach them about me, my purpose and about, It’s Nice To Be Nice (INTBN) International, my organization. 


So many people, most in fact think that because I’m an African American that I’m rich and when you combine it with the fact that I have a self supported organization they really think the gravy train has arrived. Hahahaha! That is so far from the truth it makes me laugh! You only need to have a heart, to care, to open up yourself, give yourself and let GOD use you! You don’t have to worry about the resources as long as you do for others HE’ll provide the resources. I’m testifying to what I know because it’s what HE has shown me. I’m still amazed that I do what I do!


Ok, now that I’ve brought you up to speed on what I’ve been doing since I’ve been away from you let’s pick up from where we left off at with the answer.


You remember right!? What was I going to do once I had the surgery and recovered from my right hip replacement, go back to Gambia or stay in Chicago?  Well you should’ve been able to guess the answer yourself. 


It was 2008 and the 2nd African American candidate in history was running for US President so I had to be in the states to take part and be a part of this historical and Earth shaking event. But after the elections I was most definitely going back to Africa! GOD had opened a door for me and it was no way I was going to turn my back on that! 



No comments:

Post a Comment