Monday 22 April 2013

People make the world go round!



Hello! What a week huh!? I didn’t post last Monday because it was just too much going on and like most of the world that has access to international news or if you’re in the states national news I was focused on last Monday’s events on my television. 

It was sad how some people were responding to this tragic event. You know what I mean, those old clichés like, “chickens coming home to roost” and so forth. While everyone’s opinion is just that, theirs, sometimes it’s best to be quiet, especially when there is loss of life. We should be comforting and supportive or quiet. I’m quite sure if a tragic event happened in their lives these are not words they would care to hear. I’m just saying.

Well let’s move forward and that’s what this post is mainly about, moving forward. And I’m talking about moving forward together so I’ll be writing about the mind of, “the people” and “a people”.

Huh, what!? You say you didn’t get that! Okay, I’m going to break it down from my point of view and remember I said everyone has an opinion. 

In my way of thinking, “mind of the people” represents a group of people that have come together and formed a consensus of how they want the world to view them or how that group is expressing themselves to an audience or the world in general. Almost like a mission statement or a cause. So even if these people are of different mindsets, backgrounds and what have you they still have come together and are supposed to be moving in unity: so groups, clubs, associations, fraternities and so forth function on this accord. Does that make sense now?      

I’m not talking about the people that get caught up in fads either, that’s a whole nother discussion!

Now on the other hand the mind of a people to me are people who not come together in any shape form or fashion, but have some of the same characteristics as others. Like the guys who walk around with their pants on the ground, now these guys have never met or come together to decide this is how we’re going to do this, it’s just a mindset; or when disaster strikes and people come to the aid of others. You got me? Well the latter has been on my mind for some time and I’ve been wanting to write about it, but it’s so sensitive I’ve had a difficult time putting it into words. I think the best thing I can do is share what I think about it and let you do the same, think about it. 


.  

No comments:

Post a Comment