Monday 11 May 2015

Leg Behind My Head!

Peace and blessings to one and all!

0ctober 3, 2014 was the last time I posted in my blog. It’s been hard to sit down and write these past few months, but I have not forgotten those that follow my blog and may have wondered what kept me away. GOD bless each and every one of you!
When I write I want to give you that part of me that is singing, no matter the melody. I stopped singing. There was only one note that droned on and on. I prefer to let my words flow like water from my spirit and treasures from my mind when I write. These last few months have been a bit much. It actually all started over a year ago now. March 6, 2014 to be exact!

What happened on that day at that time you may be wondering? I fell! Yep, slipped down the icy back stairs to my unit like I was sliding into home base. Ouch! After I finally landed at the foot of the stairs I was afraid to move.  I knew I had a little shock going on, but I was in survival mode. It was freezing outside, so I knew I couldn’t just lay there. On my way down I heard a loud pop and when I looked at my legs, my right leg was bent all the way behind and under me from the knee down. I didn’t see any blood so I knew it was still attached although it didn’t look like it because of its’ weird position. I was afraid to straighten it out for fear of what I’d see. I hate hysterics so I wasn’t about to start screaming or boohooing, at least out loud. I kept my calm because I had to.

Thank GOD I am a nurse! As I began to assess myself and my situation I knew the first thing I had to do was examine my right leg. That meant straightening it out from its contorted position. Uh oh, I thought as I readjusted my body off my leg and began to unfold it to its correct position. It hurt everywhere! Don’t cry, don’t cry, don’t cry I kept telling myself.

I’m so sure that I’ve had to put my “big girl panties” on so much that they are iron by now. I wasn’t sure that the tears that started to flow were from the pain I was feeling physically or emotionally. You know that feeling I’m sure because we’re human, you just get tired sometimes. Tired of going through stuff. Even Superman had a retreat, Batman had Wayne Manor and Jesus, yes He did weep as well.
At any rate I couldn’t lay there and cry I had to keep it moving. I had to begin the process of going through, whatever that would be. I looked down at my leg and didn’t see any bones protruding. I felt it with both hands from ankle to hip and didn’t feel anything out of place so I thanked GOD. I wiped my eyes and looked around for my purse as I stalled for I knew what the next step was. I needed to see if I could stand. Stand in order to see if I could walk and to get my butt off those freezing concrete stairs. I also needed to get my purse that had flown out of arm’s reach so I could get my cell phone in case I needed to call an ambulance.

Ok, here goes let’s see if I can stand………………………………………………………………………….

To be continued!
Ouch!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment