Monday 17 December 2012

Good News!

My heart is heavy. No particular reason, maybe it's the season. I don't know, but this too shall pass. It's strange to be filled with joy, but not be happy, hmmmm. Anyway all is well!

I hope you remember where we left off in the summer of 2007. I know we strayed from the path we were on.1st MIA because of the gala, then the tragedy at Sandy Hook school. But no matter what happens in life we have to keep walking, treading water and rising above.   

We left off talking about the Experience, I hope you remember that and I can never forget it. My Mother's spiritual visit to me before she left this Earth. Wow, my mother was dead! I was stuck in Africa with $10, crippled, no return ticket, but all was well. Once again I was in that place of peace so much so that it was even difficult to cry from the grief. I could feel consolation all around me, not from any person or persons, but a spiritual consolation which added to my strength. My Mom had died a few days before her birthday and I prayed that I would be able to leave Africa on her birthday.

My brother was trying to get the money together to get me back to the states while also taking care of our mother's affairs. When he called and said he was having a hard time getting all the money I felt so sorry for him. I knew he was doing his best to deal with his grief, stay strong for his family and take care of me. He's a beautiful man! I could feel his anxieties when we spoke and I did my best to assure and reassure him I was and would be okay. I knew I would! I can't stress that enough, I knew I would be OK. I didn't know how, didn't have a plan, no back up, but GOD! I know that GOD is merciful and if it was HE that sat me on this journey HE would take me where HE wanted me to go and where I needed to be. I had entered into HIS rest.

Let me say this before I go any further. My life is a living testimony! I talk about GOD, Jesus, the HOLY SPIRIT and their influence in and on my life. I'm a Christian! If that is a turn off for you then this is not where you want to be! Or maybe you do. Maybe someone needs to hear Good News instead of so much bad news. Maybe what I've said can touch a life and help increase their faith, draw them closer to GOD. I've said it before, I know I'm not taking this walk just for me! So I can not write or speak about my journey if I don't include what makes me tick! 

Okay, let's rejoin the program.......

I have this place I like to sit in my house here in Gambia and read my Bible. I like to sit there after I pray and read the WORD and just look at the sky, trees and whatever else my eyes light upon and thank GOD. Except for  my bed and dining room chairs at that time all the other furniture in the house beside that chair by the window was to low to sit on because of the pain I was experiencing in my right hip. One day as I sat there I got a call from a woman I had met when I was donating goods throughout the country. I had donated books and various school supplies to her school. In fact it was through her that I found the house I was living in. I had not talked to her in months.

I was surprised when I saw her number in my caller ID, but thought that maybe one of my friends that worked at her school had told her about my Mom's passing. This is a booming African Woman! She is not docile, very intelligent, energetic and somewhat domineering. She's got it together! Anyway she said that she was calling to check on me and see how I was doing, that I had been on her mind. I told her about my Mother's passing and she extended her condolences. I also told her about my leg. She said she'd stop by one day soon to see me and actually showed up in a couple of hours. When she saw me try to stand to greet her I could feel her pain for me. She asked me when was I leaving for the states and I explained my situation to her. I could see her mind moving before she could speak. Just the thought that she thought that of me to try to think of a way to help me was overwhelming. She told me, that I had been too good to Gambia for Gambia not to be good to me! Wow!

She starting checking her own budget to see if she could afford to but a ticket for me when you could plainly see the light bulb above her head come on! She said she would stop by a friends place that had a travel agency to see what she could do and left. In less than an hour her friend a woman I had also met before called and asked if I could come to her travel agency. Huh, what!!? If I had to crawl I'd get there, but I hesitated to answer. Then she said, that's OK, and asked me to tell her what day I wanted to travel. It was a Tuesday and I said I wanted to leave Thursday, that would've been my Mother's birthday.
 

On Thursday I boarded the plane for America! 


No comments:

Post a Comment