Friday 14 December 2012

On Your Knees Everybody!

In my free time today I had prepared a brief follow up history lesson on The Gambia, but as the day progressed the news about the children and the adults that were murdered in Connecticut has unfolded. I prefer to let my voice be heard on this.

My heart is saddened and sickened for such a loss of life, of innocence, of hope. My prayers of comfort and strength go out to all the families and those affected by such a tragedy. I can not begin to imagine their pain. As my children grew up in Chicago I held my breath when ever I watched the news and heard of another child being shot if they were not in the house or some place safe. I don't think they ever knew that. At one point it was only my two boys that caused me this anxiety, but as time went on my daughter was included in my worries. No parent, no parent should have to wonder will their children come home safe. This is ridiculous!

I have been praying for a long time for GOD to bind the spirits of violence and ignorance in the world and especially among our young. I invite you to pray with me. As I read the Bible I have read in Revelations 6:4,"Then another horse came out, a fiery red one. Its rider was given power to take peace from the earth and to make men slay each other. To him was given a large sword". Clearly the rider is upon us.

I ask you to not only pray, but make conscious efforts and steps in your lives individually and collectively as a people, families, communities and nations to reduce the exposure our children and many adults to acts or ideas of violence. I'm talking about the movies you let your children watch, the music, they listen to, the video games they play. We've got to  make some serious changes and must decide that a movie, game or music that promotes violence is not entertaining, but an assault to our psyche. The child that watches violence today, is apt to act out violently tomorrow. 

And why is it easier to get a gun permit in some areas than a drivers licence? Some changes need to be made and it must start at home. So much anger is at home and not enough GODLY LOVE..

We can turn this around if we pray with all sincerity and reject the darkness that has come into our lives. It's one of GOD's promises and HIS promises are faithful and true. HE does not lie! 

Chronicles 7:14 if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land. 

Pray, and keep praying!
We're getting out what we're putting in! 
My mother told me once, "You got to get on your face sometimes", well this is face time! Let us pray!

No comments:

Post a Comment