Friday 7 December 2012

Feeling Jobish!


Ouch was the word and if you didn't read my post on Monday, “Ouch”, you won’t get where I’m coming from.

I was in so much, unbelievable and almost unbearable pain. Nothing but Faith brought me through! I guess you may wonder, “Why does she keep going back over there with all this stuff that keeps happening?” Well, I didn't and don’t have a choice, not if I want to open all the gifts GOD had blessed me with. You see, I’m following my spirit, walking by Faith. It’s a part of my journey.

This journey, this part of it is an adrenaline rush! I haven’t ridden a roller coaster or watched a horror movie in years because I don’t like feeling spooked or scared, but here! Please, I wish I knew how to type the theme to the “Twighlight Zone”.  Being here is like hearing something creepy around the corner and you quietly tip toe up to the corner and carefully peep around afraid, but anxious to see what’s there. Boo! Hahahaha! Ohhh my goodness! Yeah, it’s like that!

Like today, a friend was taking me home after we had finished at the gym and we were discussing the abundance of watermelon in the country right now. I’m telling you watermelon is every where! Anyway, I said to him that it was so much watermelon around that people should be giving it away. In less than 2 minutes we stopped at a fruit and vegetable stand along the road side so I could buy a red pepper and a woman walked up and gave us 2 big slices of watermelon! Uh huh, yep!

Back to me saying ouch! I was in pain when I laid down, sat down or stood up and walking was torture, but I was in a place that was so serene. I knew I was going to be alright! It was amazing! When there’s nothing you can do, but let go and let GOD you find that peace that surpasses all understanding. I also knew I had to brace myself because I could still feel that hair rising on the back of my neck. I was starting to get a vibe, whoa!

As I looked back on things I began to feel a kinship with Job, not job. Job, from the Bible Job and ask GOD to forgive me cause I wasn't trying to compare myself with him, but stuff was happening. You know the story of Job, right? Satan wanted to test his faith so GOD lowered HIS hedge around Job so the evil one did his thing to Job. He lost his children, possessions, all his wealth, his health, but not his faith. I began praying for protection for my family.  I kept praying for JAH to get me back to the states.

Now I don’t know about you guys, but I don’t come from a financially wealthy family, have friends on Easy Street or have a Sugar Daddy, Salt Daddy, no kind of Daddy so it wasn't no phoning home for some cash. Some of them even thought I had it coming for being here, but it’s my walk I’ll have to account for and no one else’s, we’re not always called to pleasant places in life, be it physically, mentally, emotionally or spiritually.  I’m not usually a person that will ask for help anyway. When you’re so used to depending and counting on yourself it’s hard to turn to others. And it’s been times I turned and no one was there. I’m thankful for my sister friends here that took their time and care for me during those days as the do all the days. 

Did you say watermelon, huh what!?
Then I had that dream, that experience and what a difference a day makes, 24 little hours if it was that long!

No comments:

Post a Comment